- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Remove lower engine compartment paneling.
- Slacken poly-V belt and remove.
- Detach connector.
- Drain air conditioning (recycle).
- Remove bolts, remove suction line and pressure line and place to one side.
Remove bolts and remove refrigerant compressor downwards.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Correct the oil level in the refrigerant compressor.
- Install new O-ring and moisten thread with compressor oil.
Tighten bolts/nuts to specification as follows:
Refrigerant line to compressor: 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm)
- Evacuate and fill air conditioning system and add new compressor oil to refrigerant circuit, using noted quantity of compressor oil. Check air conditioning system for leakage.