Removal & Installation
M112 And M113 Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Remove transmission.
- Install retaining lock for crankshaft and starter ring gear.
- Detach clutch.
- Remove bolts of flywheel or of drive plate.
- Remove washer.
- Remove flywheel with starter ring gear and drive plate.
Flywheel, two-mass flywheel, drive plate, location.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- The cylinder pin determines the installation position.
- Replace bolts, because if they are used again, the connection may loosen and the bolts may shear off.
Tighten bolts/nuts to specification as follows:
Torx bolts of two-mass flywheel/drive plate at crankshaft: 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm) plus an additional 90°rotation
- If a new flywheel or drive plate is installed, perform initialization in ME control unit with Star Diagnosis tool.