Removal & Installation
M112 & M113 Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Remove engine trim panel with integrated air filter. Unclip covering on front side of engine.
- Remove air filter.
- Unscrew the guide tube of the automatic transmission oil dipstick.
- Detach right ignition coils, left ignition coils on right cylinder head cover and left cylinder head cover.
- Disconnect spark plug connectors.
- Pull off vent hoses on right connector and on left connector of the right cylinder head cover and left cylinder head cover.
- Pull off engine vent hose on left connector of left cylinder head cover.
- Disconnect fuel line at fuel rail.
Remove cylinder head cover.
Tighten bolts/nuts to specification as follows:
Cylinder head cover bolt: 7 ft. lbs. (9 Nm)
- Check cylinder head covers for leaks.
- Observe marking for spark plug connectors on the cylinder head covers and ignition coils.