Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- If lock cylinder/key is catching or jamming, spray lock cylinder with lock cylinder grease.
- Press out escutcheon with a small screwdriver.
- Pull transponder coil off lock cylinder.
- Push sleeve onto the cap and turn the lock cylinder to position 1 with the key.
Unlock the lock cylinder by turning the cap counter-clockwise through 90°and remove.
- Spray the outside of lock cylinder with lock cylinder grease and insert in the cap.
- Push key through the cap as far as the stop in the lock cylinder.
Push lock cylinder into the steering lock.
- Turn cap with sleeve clockwise approximately 90°until it can be felt or heard to lock in position.
- Turn key to position 0 and pull out/ remove with sleeve.
- Press in escutcheon.
- Mount transponder coil on lock cylinder.