- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Turn steering wheel to center position (front wheels in straight-ahead position).
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove airbag unit from steering wheel.
Remove airbag unit from steering wheel.
- Disconnect ground lead from battery.
- Unscrew airbag attaching screws from rear of steering wheel.
- Remove airbag from steering wheel and disconnect connector from squib on gas generator.
- Disconnect horn contacts.
- Unscrew countersunk bolt while countering the steering wheel .
- Detach electrical connectors.
- Remove steering wheel, to do so route electrical lines through the opening.
Check the spiral contact coil for damage.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Align recesses of the serrations (arrows) in the steering wheel with the markings on the steering shaft.
- Replace countersunk screw.
- Tighten steering wheel to steering shaft bolts: 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Tighten air bag to steering wheel screws: 6 ft. lbs. (8 Nm)