The Throttle Position (TP) sensor is mounted to the throttle shaft and is used to supply a voltage output change proportional to the change in the throttle position. The TP sensor is used by the ECU to determine engine operation mode: closed throttle, part throttle and wide-open throttle. The proper fuel mixture, spark and EGR will be output only when the operation mode has been determined correctly.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the electrical connector from the TP sensor.
- Unfasten the TP sensor mounting screws and remove the TP sensor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Adjust the sensor, if necessary.