REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the Throttle Position (TP) sensor from the wiring harness.
- Unfasten the two retaining screws, then remove the throttle position sensor.
- Install the throttle position sensor. Make sure that the rotary tangs on the sensor are properly aligned and that the red seal is inside the connector housing.
Slide the rotary tangs into position over the throttle shaft blade, then rotate the TP sensor clockwise to its installed position. Failure to install the TP sensor in this manner may result in excessive idle speeds.
- Secure the sensor to the throttle body using the two retaining screws. Tighten the screws to 14 inch lbs. (1.5 Nm).
The Throttle Position (TP) sensor is NOT adjustable.
- Engage the sensor electrical connector to the wiring harness.
- Connect the negative battery cable.