Lexus ES250 1990-1991
Lexus ES300 1992-1999
- Check the fluid level in the reservoir. If necessary, add brake fluid.
Bleed the master cylinder:
NOTEIf the master cylinder was disassembled or if the reservoir becomes empty, bleed the air from the master cylinder.
- Disconnect the brake tubes from the master cylinder.
- Slowly depress the brake pedal and hold it.
- Block off the outlet holes with your fingers, and release the brake pedal.
- Repeat the above two steps three or four times.
Bleed the brake line:
NOTEBegin bleeding air from brake or wheel cylinder with longest hydraulic line. Bleed air of the rear brake first. If front brake is bled first, rear brake air cannot be bled.
- Connect the vinyl tube to the brake or wheel cylinder bleeder plug, and insert the other end of tube in a half-full container of brake fluid.
- Slowly pump the brake pedal several times.
- While having an assistant press on the pedal, loosen the bleeder plug until fluid starts to run out. Close the bleeder plug.
- Repeat the above two steps until there are no more air bubbles in the fluid.
- Tighten the bleeder plug to 74 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Repeat the procedure for each wheel.
Bleed the TRAC Control System:
- Remove the air cleaner, then temporarily reinstall it so the engine can be started.
- Connect a vinyl tube to the bleeder plug of the TRAC actuator, then loosen the bleeder plug.
- Start the engine, then operate the TRAC pump motor until all the air has been bled out of the fluid.
- Tighten the bleeder screw and stop the engine. Install the air cleaner.