- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the upper cover, as applicable.
- Discharge refrigerant from refrigeration system.
Remove the following parts, as applicable:
- Remove the radiator upper support seal.
- Remove the receiver and holder.
- Remove the radiator upper support.
- Remove the clearance lights.
- Remove the headlights.
- Remove the radiator fan and condenser fan.
Remove the bolt and disconnect the discharge hose.
NOTECap the open fittings immediately to keep moisture out of the system.
- Loosen the nut and remove the liquid tube.
- Remove the condenser mounting bolts.
- Push the radiator toward the engine.
Push the condenser toward the radiator and pull it upward.
Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following:
- If condenser is being replaced, add compressor oil to the compressor.
- Lubricate a new O-ring with compressor oil and install the liquid tube. Tighten the nut to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Lubricate a new O-ring with compressor oil and install the discharge hose. Tighten the bolt to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- After installation, evacuate air from refrigeration system.
- Charge system with refrigerant and inspect for leakage of refrigerant.