- Allow the engine to reach normal operating temperature.
Connect a tachometer to terminal IG (-) of the check connector.
WARNINGNever allow the tachometer test probe to touch ground as it could result in damage to the igniter and or ignition coil. As some tachometers are not compatible with this ignition system, it is recommended to confirm the compatibility of the unit before use.
- Check the idle speed. Idle speed: 650-750 rpm
- Connect the proper jumper wire to terminals TE1 and E1 of the check connector.
Using a timing light, check the ignition timing:
Ignition timing: 10° BTDC at idle (Transmission in N range)
- Loosen the two hold-down bolts, and adjust by turning the distributor.
- Tighten the hold-down bolts to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm), and recheck the ignition timing.
- Remove the jumper wires and test equipment.