Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the upper bracket.
- Remove the air cleaner top. Disconnect the air flow meter and the air cleaner hose.
- Remove the wires from the distributor cap and disconnect the distributor wire connector.
- Remove the hold-down bolts and pull out the distributor. Remove the O-ring.
- Remove the distributor.
- Turn the crankshaft pulley and align the groove on the pulley with the 0 brand on the No. 1 timing belt cover. Make sure the No. 1 cylinder is on compression and not exhaust.
- Position the slit of the intake camshaft (right side cylinder head) in the proper position for distributor installation.
- Install a new O-ring in the housing. Lubricate the O-ring with engine oil.
- Align the cutout marks of the coupling and the housing.
- Insert the distributor, aligning the line of the distributor housing with the cutout of the distributor attachment bearing cap. Tighten the hold-down bolts. Correct torque is 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
Install the rotor and the distributor cap. Connect the cables to the distributor cap. Align the spline of the distributor cap with the spline groove of the holder.
- Connect the electrical connections to the distributor. Replace the air cleaner cover, air flow meter and air duct.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Adjust the timing.