Lexus ES300 1993-1997
Removal & Installation
Lexus ES300 1992-1997
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the vehicle, support it on safety stands and then remove the engine undercovers.
- Remove the 2 front exhaust pipe stay bolts. Disconnect the front pipe from the center pipe and remove the gasket. Loosen the 3 nuts and then remove the front pipe.
- Disconnect the O 2 sensor at the right side manifold. Remove the 3 mounting nuts and lift off the outside heat insulator.
Remove the 6 nuts and lift off the right side manifold and gasket.
Loosen the 2 nuts and bolt and lift off the left side heat insulator. Remove the 6 nuts and lift off the left side manifold and gaskets.
- Scrape the mating surfaces of all old gasket material.
- Install the right manifold with a new gasket. Tighten the nuts to 29 ft. lbs. (39 Nm). Install the outer insulator.
- Use a new gasket and install the left manifold. Tighten the nuts to 29 ft. lbs. (39 Nm). Install the outer insulator.
- Install the front exhaust pipe and tighten the manifold-to-pipe nuts to 46 ft. lbs. (62 Nm). Tighten the pipe-to-converter nuts to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm).
- Connect the O 2 sensor, install the undercovers and then lower the vehicle. Connect the battery cable.