Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
CAUTIONBefore servicing components near or affected by the SRS (air bag) system, read and observe all SRS Service Precautions. Refer to Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), in the Chassis Electrical section. Failure to observe all precautions may result in accidental airbag deployment, personal injury, or death.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait at least 3 minutes for the SRS memory to drain.
- Discharge refrigerant from refrigeration system.
- Remove blower unit.
Remove the liquid and suction tube. Cap the open fittings immediately to keep moisture or dirt out of the system.
- Remove evaporator:
Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following:
- If evaporator was replaced, add compressor oil to compressor.
- Do not reuse the evaporator cover.
- Lubricate 2 new O-rings with compressor oil when installing the tubes.
- Tighten the tube bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Evacuate air from refrigeration system.
- Charge system with refrigerant and inspect for leakage of refrigerant.