Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable to the battery.
- Loosen the wheel lugs slightly, then raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel(s) and temporarily install two of the wheel lug nuts.
Hold the sliding pin on the bottom with a wrench and loosen the installation bolt.
- Remove the two installation bolts holding the caliper to the torque plate.
Remove the caliper from the torque plate and hang the caliper from a piece of wire. Do not disconnect the brake hose.
WARNINGDo not allow the caliper to hang freely from the vehicle. Always support the caliper with a wire from the vehicle.
- Unbolt and remove the torque plate.
Remove the two wheel nuts and pull the disc from the axle hub.
- Position the new rotor disc onto the hub and reinstall the two wheel nuts temporarily.
- Install the torque plate onto the vehicle. Torque the two torque plate bolts to 79 ft. lbs. (107 Nm). Make sure the brake pads are seated correctly within the torque plate.
- Install the caliper to the torque plate. Torque the installation bolts to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Remove the wheel lug nuts and install the wheels. Secure the wheel lugs.
- Lower the vehicle and tighten the lug nuts. Before moving the vehicle, make sure to pump the brake pedal to seat the brake pads against the rotors.
- Connect the negative battery cable to the battery.