Removal & Installation
Lexus ES300 1992-1994
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
Temporarily install two lug nuts on the wheel studs to hold the rotor in place.
- Hold the sliding pin on the lower mounting bolt and remove the bolt. Swivel the caliper upward and out of the way. Support the caliper. Do not disconnect the brake line.
- Remove the brake pads, shims, springs and indicators from the caliper.
- Remove a small amount of fluid from the master cylinder to prevent overflow when the caliper piston is compressed.
- Install the pad support plates on the torque plate.
Install the pad wear indicator clip on the inside pad.
- Apply disc brake grease to both sides of the inner anti-squeal shims.
- Install both anti-squeal shims to each pad.
- Install the inner pad with the wear indicator clip facing up. Install the outer pad.
- Install the anti-squeal springs.
- Press in the caliper pistons with large pliers or a C-clamp and install the caliper over the pads. Hold the sliding pin and torque the bolt to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm) for the front and 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm) on the rear.
- Remove the two lug nuts and install the front tire and wheel assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Depress the brake pedal several times until full braking power is restored before moving the vehicle.
Lexus ES300 1995-1997
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle.
Remove the front wheels and temporarily fasten the rotor disc with the hub nuts.
NOTEAlways replace the front disc pads as a set.
- Hold the sliding pin on the bottom and loosen the installation bolt.
- Remove the lower installation bolt.
- Lift up the caliper and suspend it securely. Do not remove the upper installation bolt.
Remove the following parts:
The 2 anti-squeal springs
- Install the pad support plates.
Install a pad wear indicator plate to the pad.
Install the anti-squeal shims and support plates to each pad.
NOTEIt recommended that a suitable anti-squeal compound (available at your local parts house) be applied to both sides of the inner anti-squeal shim.
- Install the two pads so that the wear indicator plate is facing upward. Do not allow oil or grease to get in the rubbing face.
- Draw out a small amount of brake fluid from the brake reservoir. Press in the caliper piston with a suitable tool.
- Press the brake piston in carefully so the boot will not become wedged.
Lower and install the caliper. Torque the sliding main pin to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
NOTEWhen installing the sliding main pin, be careful that the plug installed in the torque plate does not come loose.
- Install the wheels and lower the vehicle.
- Check the fluid level in the master cylinder and add as necessary. Be sure to pump the brake pedal a few times before road testing the vehicle.