Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the front of the vehicle and support it safely.
- Remove the front wheel(s).
- Remove side fender apron seal, as applicable.
- Remove the steering knuckle with the axle hub from the vehicle.
- Pry the dust deflector from the knuckle.
- Remove the cotter pin and the nut from the ball joint stud.
Using SST 09628-62011 or equivalent, remove the lower ball joint from the steering knuckle.
- Install the lower ball joint onto the steering knuckle and tighten nut to 90 ft. lbs. (123 Nm). Install new cotter pin.
- Align the hole in the dust deflector with the ABS speed sensor. Using the appropriate driver, install a new dust deflector.
- Install the steering knuckle and hub onto the vehicle.
- Install the fender apron seal.
- Install the front wheel(s).
- Connect the negative battery cable.