Removal & Installation
- Jack up the vehicle and remove the front wheel.
- Remove the cotter pin and lock cap.
- While applying the brakes, remove the nut.
- Remove the brake cylinder and disc rotor.
- Remove the ABS speed sensor from the steering knuckle.
- Loosen nuts on lower side of shock absorber. Do not remove the bolts.
- Remove the cotter pin and remove the nut.
- Using SST 09628-62011, or equivalent tie rod puller, disconnect the tie rod end from the steering knuckle.
Remove the lower ball joint bolt and the two nuts.
Remove the nuts and bolts on lower side of the shock absorber.
- Remove the steering knuckle with axle hub.
Place the steering knuckle and temporarily install the two bolts and nut on lower side of shock absorber.
NOTECoat the threads of nuts with engine oil.
- Connect the lower ball joint to lower arm and tighten the bolt and nuts to 94 ft. lbs. (127 Nm).
- Connect the tie rod end to the steering knuckle and tighten the nut to 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm).
- Install a new cotter pin.
- Tighten bolts on lower side of shock absorber to 156 ft. lbs. (211 Nm).
- Install ABS speed sensor and tighten to 69 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Install the disc rotor.
- Install the brake cylinder and tighten to 79 ft. lbs. (107 Nm).
- While applying the brakes, install the nut and tighten to 217 ft. lbs. (294 Nm).
- Install the lock cap and a new cotter pin.
- Install front wheel and lower vehicle and tighten to 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm).
- Inspect front wheel alignment.