Lexus ES250 1990-1991
Lexus ES300 1992
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect and plug the fuel lines to the filter. Place a rag under the filter to catch any fuel that may spill.
Disconnect the mounting bolt(s) and remove the fuel filter.
- Install a new filter and tighten the line connections.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Start the engine and check for leaks.
Lexus ES300 1993-1997
The fuel filter is located under the hood, on the driver's side, by the fender well.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds before performing any other work.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle if necessary.
- Place a drain pan or plastic container under the fuel filter.
- Slowly loosen the lower flare nut fitting until all the pressure is relieved and all the fuel is collected.
- Loosen the union bolt on the upper portion of the filter and remove the banjo fitting and two metal gaskets. Discard the gaskets.
- Loosen the fuel filter bracket bolt, remove the fuel line with the flared nut from the filter and pull the filter from the mounting bracket.
- Install a new fuel filter to the vehicle and tighten the bracket bolt.
Install the banjo fitting with a new metal gasket on each side and install the union bolt. Torque the union bolt to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
Connect the flare nut to the lower connection. Torque the flare nut to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle if raised.
- Remove the drain pan and/or rags and connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and visually inspect the upper and lower connections for leaks.