Removal & Installation
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- With the ignition switch in the LOCK position, disconnect the negative battery terminal. If equipped with an air bag system, wait at least 90 seconds or longer before performing any other work.
- Remove the rear seat cushion.
Disconnect the fuel pump connector.
CAUTIONThe Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) system must be disarmed before removing the fuel pump. Failure to do so may cause accidental deployment of the air bag, resulting in unnecessary SIR system repairs and/or personal injury.
Remove the floor service hole cover.
NOTEDo not lift the fuel pump assembly up using the wire harness.
- Remove the fuel filler cap. Disconnect the fuel outlet pipe and the return hose from the pump bracket.
- Remove the 8 screws and lift out the pump/bracket assembly with gasket.
- Remove the fuel pump lead wire.
- Pull the lower end of the pump off of the bracket.
- Disconnect the fuel hose from the pump and remove the pump.
- Remove the rubber cushion from the pump.
- Install the filter and rubber cushion on the new pump and install the pump on the bracket.
- Connect the fuel hose and the wire connector on the pump.
- Using a new gasket, install the pump and tighten the eight screws to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Connect the fuel pipe and return hose to the pump and tighten the bolts to 22 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- Connect the wire, install the service cover and replace the rear seat.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Start the engine and check for leaks.