Removal & Installation
Lexus ES300 1992-1993
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
CAUTIONBefore servicing components near or affected by the SRS (air bag) system, read and observe all SRS Service Precautions. Refer to Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), in the Chassis Electrical section. Failure to observe all precautions may result in accidental airbag deployment, personal injury, or death.
Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait at least 3 minutes for the SRS memory to drain.
- Remove the front pillar garnish.
- Remove the front inside scuff plate.
- Remove the front door opening cover.
- Remove the cowl side trim.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the safety pad No. 2:
Remove the steering column cover.
Remove the combination switch.
Remove the under cover No. 2.
- Remove the instrument panel No. 2:
Remove the glove compartment door:
- Disconnect the damper ring from the door check arm.
- Remove the three nuts.
- Remove the door.
Remove the glove compartment:
- Remove the screw.
- Remove the lower panel by pulling.
Remove the console upper panel.
Remove the center cluster finish panel.
- Remove the front ash receptacle.
Remove the console box.
Remove the register No. 3.
Remove the radio with A/C control assembly.
- Remove four bolts.
- Remove the radio with A/C control assembly then disconnect the connectors.
- Remove four screws, eight bolts and the brackets.
- Remove the A/C control from the radio.
- Remove the cluster finish panel:
- Remove the combination meter:
- Remove the mirror switch assembly.
Remove the screw and the duct heater to register No. 2.
Remove instrument panel speaker:
- Using a screwdriver, remove the speaker cover.
- Remove two screws and the speaker, then disconnect the connector.
- Using a screwdriver, remove the side defroster nozzle No. 1 and No. 2.
- Remove the steering column.
- Remove the instrument panel:
Remove the bolts, nuts and the instrument panel brace No. 1 and No. 2.
- Remove instrument panel reinforcement:
- Remove two bolts and the lower mounting brackets.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Lexus ES300 1994-1996