Lexus ES250 1990-1991
Lexus ES300 1992-1999
Perform under these conditions:
- Stop the engine.
- Secure good ventilation (If not, the gas leak detector may react to volatile gases which are not refrigerant, such as evaporated gasoline or exhaust gas).
- Repeat the test 2 or 3 times.
- Make sure that there is some refrigerant remaining in the refrigeration system. When compressor is OFF: Approx. 57-85 psi (392-588 kPa)
- Bring the gas leak detector close to the drain hose before performing the test.
- After the blower motor is stopped, leave the A/C unit for more than 15 minutes. Expose the gas leak detector sensor the under the drain hose. When bringing the gas leak detector close to the drain hose, make sure that the gas leak detector does not reach to the volatile gases. If such reaction is unavoidable, the vehicle must be lifted up.
- If gas leak is not detected through the drain hose, remove the blower linear controller from the A/C unit. Then insert the gas leak detector sensor into the unit and perform the test.
- Disconnect the connector and leave the pressure switch for approx. 20 minutes. Then bring the gas leak detector close to the pressure switch and perform the test.
- Bring the gas leak detector close to the refrigerant lines and perform the test.
- Make sure that there is no dirt on joints.