- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Slowly depress the parking brake pedal all the way, and count the number of clicks. Parking brake pedal travel at 66 ft. lbs.: 3-6 clicks
NOTEBefore adjusting the parking brake, make sure that the rear brake shoe clearance has been adjusted. Refer to Parking Brake Shoes Adjustment.
- Remove the console upper panel and console box.
- Confirm that the parking brake pedal is released.
- Hold the screw end of No. 4 cable not to rotate.
- Loosen the lock nut.
Hold the parking brake cable and turn the adjusting hexagon until the pedal travel is correct.
NOTETo prevent the parking brake cable from twisting, always keep the red painted surface up.
- Holding the adjusting hexagon, tighten the lock nut to 48 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
Install the console box and console upper panel.