Removal & Installation
Lexus ES300 1992-1996
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the stabilizer bar links. If the ball joint stud turns together with the nut, use a hexagon wrench to hold the stud.
- Remove the four bolts, stabilizer bar brackets and the cushions.
- Remove the stabilizer bar from the vehicle.
- Rotate the ball joint stud in all directions. If the movement is not smooth and free, replace the stabilizer link.
- Install the stabilizer bar links to the stabilizer bar. Torque the nuts to 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm).
Install the stabilizer bar assembly. Torque the stabilizer bar bracket retaining bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Connect the stabilizer bar links to the struts and torque the stabilizer bar link nuts to 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm).
- Install the rear wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.
Lexus ES300 1997-1999
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Remove the left and right stabilizer bar links:
- Remove the 3 bolts, clip and heat insulator.
Remove left and right brackets and bushings:
- Remove the 4 bolts, 2 brackets and bushings.
Remove stabilizer bar.
Installation is the reverse order of the removal installation, noting the following:
- Install the bushing to the outside of the bushing on the stabilizer bar, and tighten the bracket bushing bolt to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Tighten links to 29 ft. lbs. (39 Nm).