Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear tire and wheel assembly.
- If equipped with rear disc brakes, remove the caliper mounting bolts. Leave the brake line connected and suspend the assembly out of the way.
Remove the brake rotor or drum.
Remove the four bolts and pull off the rear axle hub. Remove the O-ring.
NOTEIf it is necessary to replace the hub or bearing, replace the components as an assembly.
- Position the hub on the carrier and torque the bolts to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Install the rotor or drum.
- If equipped with rear disc brakes, install the caliper and torque the bolts to 34 ft. lbs. (64 Nm).
- Install the wheel.
- Lower the vehicle to the ground.
- Road test the vehicle for proper operation.