- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove the timing belt. Refer to Timing Belt Removal & Installation in the Engine Mechanical section.
- Remove the camshaft timing pulleys.
- Remove the No. 2 idler pulley.
- Remove the No. 3 timing belt cover.
- Remove the bolts, nuts, water pump and gasket.
- Install a new gasket and the water pump. Tighten the nuts and bolts to 69 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Install the No. 3 timing belt cover.
- Install the No. 2 idler pulley.
- Install the camshaft timing pulleys.
- Install the timing belt.
- Fill with engine coolant.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Recheck engine coolant level.