Depending on your vehicle, the catalytic converter may be located underneath the car under the oil pan or located in the engine compartment.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. As required, remove the transmission to converter support brace.
- Remove the front catalytic converter flange fasteners at the flex joint and discard the flex joint gasket, remove the rear U-bolt connection.
- Separate the catalytic converter inlet and outlet connections. Remove the converter.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Be sure to use new retaining clamps.
- Lower the vehicle. Start the engine and check for leaks.