REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except 1993-95 Taurus SHO
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the bolts/screws attaching the front bumper to the front bumper isolator and brackets.
- If equipped, detach the cornering light electrical connectors. If equipped, disconnect and remove the fog lamps.
- Slide the front bumper off the right and left front bumper guide brackets mounted on the front fender.
- If equipped, assemble the cornering lamps and fog lamps.
- Slide the bumper onto the front bumper guide bracket mounted on the front fender, then install the parking lamps.
- Position the front bumper to the bumper isolator and bracket, then install the retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 16-25 ft. lbs. (22-34 Nm).
See Figures 3 and 4
- Remove the six push pins holding the front bumper cover to the top of the radiator grille opening panel reinforcement.
- Remove the four push pins securing the front bumper cover to the bottom of the bumper. Remove the two push pins (there is one on each side) holding the bumper cover to the front fender wheel opening flange.
- Remove the four nuts (two on each side) securing the bumper cover to the front fenders. Pull the ends of the bumper cover away from the front fenders to clear the retaining studs, then remove the cover.
- If replacing the front cover, transfer the front license plate mounting bracket (if equipped).
- Remove the bolts securing the front bumper to the front bumper isolator and bracket.
- Slide the bumper off the right and left front bumper guide brackets mounted on the front fender.
- If the front bumper is to be replaced, assemble the front valance panel for the front bumper.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Tighten the front bumper or bumper isolator and bracket-to-front bumper bolts to 17-25 ft. lbs. (22-34 Nm).