REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Vehicles Through 1992, Except 1992 Sable
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the hood.
- Remove the two plastic retainers at the top corners with a cross-recessed prybar.
- Depress the tabs on the spring clips attached to the grille at both lower corners and pull the grille assembly from the vehicle.
- Position the bottom of the spring tabs in the slots in the grille opening reinforcement.
- Rotate the top of the grille toward the rear of the vehicle until the upper tab slots line up with the holes in the grille opening.
- Install the two plastic retainers through the holes in the grille and grille opening. The retainers can be tapped in.
See Figures 2 and 3
The conventional grille is not used on the 1993-95 Taurus. The grille is part of the front stone deflector.
- Remove the four push pins securing the front bumper stone deflector to the radiator grille opening panel reinforcement.
- Remove the two push pins (one on each side) holding the front bumper stone deflector to the front fenders.
- Fold back the front half of the front fender splash shields.
- Remove the four nuts (two on each side) securing the front bumper stone deflector to the front fenders.
- Remove the front bumper stone deflector.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Some vehicles do not have a conventional grille; they have a lighted panel.
- Remove the front bumper.
- Remove the four nuts retaining the stone deflector ends to the front fender.
- Remove the two screws retaining the stone deflector end bracket to the fender at the wheel opening.
- Remove the nine shoulder screws retaining the stone deflector to the grille opening reinforcement panel. Remove the grille and the stone deflector.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.