REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- From inside the vehicle, release the hood.
- Remove the two bolts retaining the latch to the upper radiator support.
- Remove the screw securing the cable end retainer to the latch assembly.
- Disengage the cable by rotating it out of the latch return spring.
- To ease installation of the cable, fasten a length of fishing line about 8 ft. (2.4m) long to the end of the cable.
- From inside the vehicle, unseat the sealing grommet from the cowl side, remove the cable mounting bracket attaching screws and carefully pull the cable assembly out. Do not pull the "fishing line'' out.
- Using the previously installed fishing line, pull the new cable assembly through the retaining wall, seat the grommet securely, then install the cable mounting bracket attaching screws.
- Thread the terminal end of cable into the hood latch return spring.
- Route the cable through the V-slot on the latch and install the cable end retaining screw.
- Install the two bolts securing the hood latch to the upper radiator support. Tighten to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm).
- Check the hood latch cable release operation before closing the hood. Adjust if necessary, then close the hood.