REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Standard Manual Type-Right-Hand Only
- Remove the inside sail cover.
- Unfasten the retaining nuts and washers, then lift the mirror off the door.
- Position the mirror on the door.
- Install, then tighten the retaining nuts and washers.
- Install the inside sail cover.
See Figure 1
- Pull the knob assembly to remove it from the control shaft.
- Unfasten the interior sail cover retainer screw, then remove the cover.
- Loosen the setscrew retaining control assembly from the sail cover.
- Remove the mirror attaching nuts, washers and grommet. Remove the mirror and the control assembly.
- Seat the grommet in the outer door panel and position the mirror to the door. Install the attaching nuts and washer, then tighten to 25-39 inch lbs. (2.8-4.5 Nm).
- Route the control mechanism through the door, then position to the sail trim panel. Tighten the setscrew to 2-6 inch lbs. (0.23-0.68 Nm).
- Position the sail cover to the door, then install the retaining screw.
- Position the rubber knob onto the control shaft and push to install.
See Figure 2
Outside mirrors that are frozen must be thawed prior to adjustment. Do not attempt to free-up the mirror by pressing on the glass.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the screw retaining the mirror mounting hole cover, then remove the cover.
- Remove the front door trim panel.
- Disengage the mirror assembly wiring connector. Remove the necessary wiring guides.
- Remove the mirror retaining nuts on the sail mirrors (three on sail mirrors, two on door mirrors). Remove the mirror while guiding the wiring and connector through the hole in the door.
- Install the mirror assembly by routing the connector and wiring through the hole in the door. Attach with the three retaining nuts on the sail mirrors, or two on the door mirrors. Tighten the retaining nuts to 53-71 inch lbs. (6-8 Nm).
- Engage the mirror electrical wiring connector, then install the wiring guides.
- Position the mirror mounting hole cover, then install the retaining screw.
- Install the door trim panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- If a new mirror has been installed, snap on the new trim (Top Finish Panel, part no. 17D742-3 or equivalent).