REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Open the trunk lid.
- Remove the lever assembly and clip. If the clip breaks, replace with a new lever and clip assembly.
- Remove the three latch attaching screws, then disconnect the electric latch wire, if so equipped.
- Remove the luggage compartment latch and rod from the vehicle with the retainer and seal.
- Remove the screw and washer retaining the trunk lid lock cylinder plate to the support, then remove the plate and support.
- Remove the lock cylinder and rod.
- Position the lock cylinder and seal into the hole in the trunk lid. Push the lock cylinder retainer into position until it is locked.
- If so equipped, connect the electric latch wire. Install the trunk lid latch and rod assembly. Install the three attaching screws and washers, then tighten to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9.5-13.6 Nm).
- Install the lever and clip assembly. Close the trunk lid, then check for proper alignment and adjust, if necessary.