Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, safety canopy or side air curtain modules. Failure to follow this instruction may result in the accidental deployment of these modules, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.
To reduce the risk of accidental deployment, do not use any memory saver devices. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury or death.
The air bag warning indicator illuminates when the Restraints Control Module (RCM) fuse is removed and the ignition switch is ON. This is normal operation and does not indicate a Supplemental Restraints System (SRS) fault.
- Turn all vehicle accessories OFF.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- At the smart power distribution junction box (SPDJB), located in the LH lower kick panel, remove the lower kick panel fuse cover and the restraints control module (RCM) fuse 46 (7.5A) from the (SPDJB).
- Turn the ignition ON and make sure that the air bag warning indicator lights up for at least 30 seconds. The air bag warning indicator will remain lit continuously (no flashing) if the correct RCM fuse has been removed. If the air bag warning indicator does not remain lit continuously, remove the correct RCM fuse before proceeding.
Turn the ignition switch to the
WARNINGTo avoid accidental deployment and possible personal injury, the backup power supply MUST be depleted before repairing or installing any new front or side air bag SRS components and before servicing, installing, adjusting or striking components near the front or side air bag sensors, such as doors, instrument panel, console, door latches, strikers, seats and hood latches. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury. The front impact severity sensors are located on the radiator support under the front bumper cover. The first row side impact sensors are located at or near the base of the B-pillars. The second row side impact sensors are located on the C-pillars.
- To deplete the backup power supply energy, disconnect the negative battery cable and wait at least one minute. Be sure to disconnect auxiliary batteries and power supplies (if equipped).
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait at least one minute.