Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the positive and negative battery cables.
- Remove the engine cooling fan, as outlined in the Engine Mechanical Section..
- Rotate the accessory drive belt tensioner counterclockwise and position the accessory drive belt aside. 4. Position the alternator protective cover aside, remove the nut and position the alternator B+ terminal aside.
- Disconnect the alternator electrical connector. Detach the pin-type retainer and wiring
- Remove the alternator stud nut and the alternator stud.
- Unfasten the mounting bolts and remove the alternator.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following tightening specifications: