Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If removing the left side ignition coils, disconnect the crankcase vent tube quick connect coupling from the valve cover fitting and position it aside.
If removing the right side ignition coils, remove the upper intake manifold, as outlined in the Engine Mechanical Section.
NOTEThe upper intake manifold must be removed to access the right side ignition coils only.
Detach the 6 ignition coil-on-plug electrical connectors and unfasten the mounting bolts, then remove the ignition coils from the vehicle.
NOTEWhen removing the ignition coil-on-plugs, use a slight twisting motion to help break the seal and make removal easier.
- Install the 6 ignition coil-on-plugs and the 6 bolts, then tighten to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Attach the 6 ignition coil-on-plug electrical connectors.
- If removed, install the upper intake manifold, as outlined in the Engine Mechanical Section.
- If disconnected, position and connect the crankcase vent tube quick connect coupling to the valve cover
- Connect the negative battery cable.