Removal & Installation
Raise and safely support the vehicle.
WARNINGNever reuse the CV joint bolts. Install new bolts or damage to the vehicle may occur.
- Remove and discard the 4 front driveshaft-to-transfer case bolts.
Remove and discard the 4 universal joint flange bolts and remove the front driveshaft.
WARNINGNever reuse the bolts for the rear U-joint flange. Install new bolts.
- Remove and discard the 4 universal joint flange bolts.
With the help of an assistant, remove the 4 center bearing support nuts and the driveshaft.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following tightening specifications:
- Center bearing support nuts: 40 Nm (30 ft. lbs.)
- Universal joint flange bolts: 70 Nm (52 ft. lbs.)
- Front driveshaft-to-transfer case bolts: 70 Nm (52 ft. lbs.)