Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
Remove the brake caliper flow bolt and position the hose aside. Discard the 2 copper washers.
NOTEThe guide pin bolts are different sizes. The longer/bigger bolt is the upper guide pin bolt.
- Remove the 2 brake caliper guide pin bolts.
Remove the brake caliper.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
- During installation, make sure that the brake caliper hose is not twisted.
- Tighten the caliper guide pin bolts to 88 Nm (65 ft. lbs.). Make sure to install the longer/bigger bolt in the upper position.
- Use new copper washers, then tighten the brake caliper flow bolts to 25 Nm (18 ft. lbs.).
- Bleed the brake system, as outlined in the beginning of the Brake Section.