Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
NOTEDepress the brake pedal to keep the halfshaft from rotating.
- Remove the halfshaft nut, halfshaft hub seal and halfshaft washer. Discard the nut, seal and washer.
Remove the wheel speed sensor bolt and position the wheel speed sensor aside.
WARNINGDo not let the caliper and anchor plate assembly hang from the brake hose or damage to the hose can occur.
- Remove the 2 bolts and position the caliper and anchor plate assembly aside.
- Support the caliper and anchor plate assembly using a piece of wire.
- Remove the brake disc.
Using the special tool, separate the halfshaft from the wheel hub.
Remove and discard the tie-rod end cotter pin and nut.
WARNINGNever use a hammer to separate the tie-rod end from the wheel knuckle or damage to the wheel knuckle can result.
Using the special tool, separate the tie-rod end from the wheel knuckle.
- Remove the shock absorber lower nuts and flag bolts. Discard the nuts and flag bolts.
Remove the lower ball joint bolt, nut and the wheel knuckle. Discard the bolt and nut.
- Position the wheel knuckle and install the lower ball joint bolt and nut. Tighten the nut to 55 Nm (41 ft. lbs.).
- Install the shock absorber lower nuts and flag bolts. Tighten to 225 Nm (166 ft. lbs.).
- Position the tie-rod end and install the nut and cotter pin. Tighten to 48 Nm (35 ft. lbs.).
- Position the wheel speed sensor and install the bolt. Tighten to 7 Nm (62 inch lbs.).
- Install the brake disc.
- Position the brake caliper and anchor plate assembly and install the 2 bolts. Tighten to 133 Nm (98 ft. lbs.).
Using a suitable installation tool, install the halfshaft into the wheel hub.
WARNINGNever tighten the halfshaft nut with the vehicle on the ground. The nut must be tightened to specification before the vehicle is lowered onto the wheels. Wheel bearing damage will occur if the wheel bearing is loaded with the weight of the vehicle applied.
NOTEApply the brake to keep the halfshaft from rotating.
- Install the halfshaft hub seal, washer and nut. Tighten to 225 Nm (185 ft. lbs.).
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Check and if necessary, adjust the alignment.