Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove and discard the stabilizer bar link lower nut.
Remove and discard the lower ball joint nut and bolt.
WARNINGDo not tighten any suspension bushing fasteners until the installation procedure is complete and the weight of the vehicle is resting on the wheel and tire assemblies.
- Remove the lower arm-to-frame forward bolt and spacer. Discard the bolt.
Remove the 2 lower arm-to-frame rearward bolts and remove the lower arm. Discard the bolt.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following tightening specifications:
- Lower arm-to-frame rearward bolts: 80 Nm (59 ft. lbs.)
- Lower arm-to-frame forward bolt: 50 Nm (111 ft. lbs.)
- Lower ball joint nut and bolt: 55 Nm (41 ft. lbs.)
- Stabilizer bar link lower nut: 90 Nm (66 ft. lbs.)
- Check and if necessary, adjust the alignment.