Removal & Installation
Disarm Supplemental Restraints System (SRS), as outlined in the Chassis Electrical Section.
CAUTIONDo NOT proceed until the SRS is properly disarmed.
NOTERelease the upper steering column shroud by pressing inward on the sides and lifting upwards.
- Remove the upper steering column shroud.
Release the tilt lever, remove the 3 screws and then remove the lower steering column shroud.
NOTEThe top of the instrument panel steering column cover is held in by tabs that clip into the instrument panel.
- Remove the 2 instrument panel steering column cover screws.
- Detach the instrument panel steering column cover by pulling straight outward.
- If equipped, disconnect the electrical connector and hose from the temperature sensor.
- Remove the instrument panel steering column cover.
- Disconnect the ignition switch electrical connector.
- Press the 2 locking tabs and remove the ignition switch.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Rearm the SRS, as outlined in the Chassis Electrical Section.