Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
Remove and discard the 4 rear driveshaft universal joint flange bolts. Support the driveshaft.
NOTEDiscard the nut after removing it. Install a new nut during installation.
Using the special tool, hold the pinion flange while removing the nut. Remove the nut, then discard it.
- Matchmark the location of the pinion to the yoke.
- Using a suitable 2-jawed puller, remove the pinion flange.
Using the special tools, remove the seal.
Using the special Pinion Seal Installation tool, install the seal.
NOTELubricate the pinion flange with premium long-life grease.
- Align the matchmarks and position the pinion flange.
- Using the special tool, install the pinion nut and tighten to 244 Nm (180 ft. lbs.).
- Align the matchmarks and install the rear driveshaft universal joint flange. Tighten the bolts to 70 Nm (52 ft. lbs.).