- Remove the power steering gear, as outlined in this section.
Matchmark the installed position of the pinion shaft and the steering gear housing for correct alignment during installation.
WARNINGPlace the steering gear in a soft-jaw vise or damage to the steering gear may occur.
Loosen the tie-rod end jam nut and remove the outer tie-rod end.
NOTEIt is necessary to remove both bellows boots when removing the RH inner tie-rod end.
- Remove the 4 bellow clamps and the 2 steering gear bellows boots.
- Using a suitable wrench, hold the piston shaft.
Using a suitable wrench, remove the inner tie-rod end.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
- Using a suitable wrench, hold the piston shaft while tightening the inner tie rod.
Tighten the inner tie rod nut to: 103 Nm (76 ft. lbs.).
- The new lock washer must be crimped after tightening the inner tie rod end.
- Tighten the tie rod end jam nut to 90 Nm (66 ft. lbs.). To install, reverse the removal procedure.