Removal & Installation
The front wheel speed sensor ring is an integral component of the wheel hub and bearing assembly and cannot be serviced separately. For removal, refer to the Wheel Hub and Bearing procedure.Rear Wheel
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the rear wheel speed sensor.
- Remove the axle shaft.
- Remove the axle shaft seal, the bearing and the wheel speed sensor ring from the axle housing using the J-45857 and the J-2619-01.
- Install the wheel speed sensor ring using the J-45860 and the J-8092.
- Drive the wheel speed sensor ring into the axle housing until the tool bottoms against the tube.
- Install the axle shaft bearing and axle shaft seal.
- Install the axle shaft.
- Install the rear wheel speed sensor.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Fill the rear axle.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.