Removal & Installation
- Remove the intake manifold, as outlined in this section.
- Remove the A/C line at the oil level indicator tube bracket nut.
- Remove the A/C bracket bolt from the engine lift hook.
- Position the A/C line out of the way.
- Remove the engine lift bracket.
- Disconnect the ignition control module electrical connectors.
- Loosen the ignition control module bolts.
- Remove the ignition control module.
- Disconnect the engine electrical harness housing from the camshaft cover (1) taking care not to damage the clips that hold the housing in place.
- Disconnect the fuel injection harness electrical connector.
- Loosen and remove the camshaft cover bolts.
- Remove the camshaft cover.
- Clean and inspect the camshaft cover.
- Install a new camshaft cover seal.
- Install new rubber ignition control module seals.
- Install the camshaft cover and secure with the cam cover bolts. Tighten the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the ignition control modules and secure the modules with bolts. Tighten to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the ignition control module electrical connectors.
- Install the fuel injector electrical connectors.
- Install the engine electrical harness housing.
- Install the A/C line bracket to the oil level indicator tube stud and secure the bracket with the nut. Tighten the A/C line bracket nut to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Install the engine lift bracket and secure the lift hook with the bolts. Tighten the lift bracket bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Install the A/C line bracket to the engine lift bracket and secure the A/C bracket with the bolt. Tighten the A/C bracket bolt to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the intake manifold.