Removal & Installation
Remove the transmission.
NOTENote the position and the direction of the engine flywheel before removal.
- Remove the flywheel bolts.
- Remove the flywheel.
- Clean and Inspect the flywheel.
Add threadlock to the new flywheel bolts.
Install the flywheel and secure the flywheel with the new bolts. Tighten the bolts in sequence, as follows:
- First pass: 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm)
- Final pass: An additional 50 degrees, with a torque angle meter
- Install the transmission.
- Remove the transmission.
- Note the position and direction of the engine flywheel before removal.
- Remove the engine flywheel bolts.
- Remove the engine flywheel.
- Clean and inspect the engine flywheel.
The flywheel does not use a locating pin for alignment and will not initially seat against the crankshaft flange, but will be pulled onto the crankshaft by the engine flywheel bolts. This procedure requires a three stage tightening process.
- Install the engine flywheel to the crankshaft.
Apply threadlock GM P/N 12345382 (Canadian P/N 10953489) or equivalent to the threads of the flywheel bolts.