Removal & Installation
The fuel system is a returnless, on-demand design. The fuel pressure regulator is contained in the fuel sender assembly inside the fuel tank.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel filler cap, if not already done.
- Remove the fuel pump assembly.
Remove the fuel pressure regulator from the fuel pump assembly. Replace the seal(s) or O-ring(s).
- Install the new fuel pressure regulator to the fuel pump assembly along with new seal(s) or O-ring(s).
- Install the fuel pump assembly.
- Install the fuel filler cap.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.