Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Support the rear axle.
Remove the shock absorber lower mounting bolts.
NOTEDo not lower the rear axle so the upper control arms contact the frame. This will damage the upper control arms.
Lower the rear axle, then remove the coil springs.
NOTEBe careful not to chip or scratch the coating of the coil springs when removing and installing the springs. Damaging the coating will cause premature failure of the coil springs.
- Install the coil springs, then raise the rear axle.
- Install the shock absorber lower mounting bolts and tighten to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Remove the rear axle support.
- Lower the vehicle.