- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle. Drain the transfer case.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Fuel tank shield mounting bolts and shield
Install a transmission jack to support the transfer case.
Transfer case mounting bolts
Install or connect the following:
NOTEYou must replace the transfer case gasket if it is damaged. Never use silicone sealant in place of, or with the transfer case gasket.
Transfer case, using a new gasket if necessary
- Remove the transmission jack.
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal.
- Refill the transfer case.