Removal & Installation
- Remove the transmission control module (TCM), if equipped, from the mounting bracket and position aside.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Clean the electronic brake control module (EBCM) to brake pressure modulator valve (BPMV) area of any accumulated dirt and foreign material.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the EBCM.
- Disconnect the pump motor electrical connector.
- Remove the EBCM attaching screws.
- Separate the EBCM from the BPMV by carefully pulling apart.
- Clean the sealing surface of the BPMV, with denatured alcohol and a clean shop cloth.
- Install the EBCM to the BPMV.
- Install the EBCM-to-BPMV attaching screws. Tighten the bolts in a cross pattern to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Connect the pump motor electrical connector. Connect the electrical connector to the EBCM.
- Reposition the TCM, if equipped, to the mounting bracket.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. DO NOT start the engine.
- Perform a Diagnostic System Check to check for any DTCs.