The accelerator pedal contains 2 individual Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensors within the assembly. The APP sensors 1 and 2 are potentiometer type sensors each with 3 circuits:
The APP sensors are used to determine the pedal angle. The powertrain control module (PCM) provides each APP sensor with a 5-volt reference circuit and a low reference circuit. The APP sensors provide the PCM with signal voltage proportional to the pedal movement. Both APP sensor signal voltages are low at rest position and increase as the pedal is applied.
Removal & Installation
- Remove the instrument panel left lower closeout panel.
- Remove the connector position assurance (CPA) from the accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor connector.
- Disconnect the APP sensor harness connector.
- Remove the APP assembly attachment bolts.
- Remove the APP assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the upper attachment bolt into the APP assembly.
- Install the APP assembly into the vehicle.
- Install the remaining attachment bolts into the APP assembly.
- Tighten the bolts to 18 lb ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Connect the APP sensor harness connector. Push the connector in until the lock position is felt, then pull back to confirm engagement.
- Install the CPA to the APP sensor harness connector.
- Install the instrument panel left lower closeout panel.