The Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) is located on the upper position of the transaxle and detects the vehicle speed from the rotation number of the differential gear.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the wiring harness.
- Remove the speed sensor bolt.
- Remove the speed sensor and O-ring.
- Apply automatic transaxle fluid to the new O-ring.
- Install the new O-ring onto the speed sensor.
- Install the speed sensor into the transmission case assembly. Tighten the bolt to 53 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- Connect the wiring harness.